- 2" Trailer Hitch Receiver Required
- Convenient swing away feature allows full access to the rear hatch or trunk area without removing bikes
- Compatible with 2" Hitches (Class 3 or above)
- Hitch racks with 2" adapters are not compatible
- 90 Degree Swing Away
- Please verify your vehicle's hitch pin hole depth to confirm compatibility.
Yakima 8002483 BackSwing 2" Swing Away Hitch Base for Trailer Hitch Mounted Bike Racks allows your bike rack or hitch basket to effortlessly swing away, providing ample clearance and easy access for tail gates, rear gates, rear hatches, and rear mounted spare tires. The 8002483 BackSwing is compatible with most 2" hitch mount bike racks and baskets. The BackSwing swings out 90 degrees toward the passenger side of your vehicle and locks in place to prevent it from unexpectedly swinging back toward the rear of the vehicle. Note: do not attempt to swing the unit out while parked on a hill. The Yakima 8002483 BackSwing Swing Away Hitch Base is compatible with 2" hitches only. The BackSwing is not compaitible with hitch adapters or extenders. Please check this fit compatibility chart to ensure the BackSwing will work with your particular hitch style - Yakima Hitch Rack - Fit Tips Chart.
The BackSwing is compatible with the following Yakima hitch racks: HoldUp Evo 2", HoldUp EVO 2 Bike Add-on, HoldUp 2", HoldUp 2 Bike Add-on, FourTimer, LongHaul, and RoadTrip.
- Not for use with RV's or Trailers.
- Not for use with hitch extenders.
- Full-size trucks and SUVs wider than 81 inches: bike tires, handles, bikes, or folded hitch products may come into contact with vehicle.
- BackSwing is not designed for off-road use (well maintained gravel roads are permitted).